Your first appointment at Ocean Orthodontics will take approximately 30 minutes.
Prior to your appointment we will send you a welcome pack, which will include:
- A welcome letter confirming your day and time of appointment and directions
- Information about orthodontics
- An acquaintance form which includes a medical history section that is to be completed by you and brought to the appointment
- A referral to have X-rays done if required
During your first appointment, we will be able to provide you with much more accurate and specific information. At this first visit together, the orthodontist will examine the orthodontic aspects of teeth and bite.
In most cases our orthodontist can tell you:
- What the orthodontic problems are
- What type of treatment is appropriate to rectify these issues
- When this treatment should be undertaken
- What the orthodontic treatment will cost
- An estimation of the treatment time required
After your initial consultation we will forward a comprehensive report to both you and your referring dentist.
We encourage all patients to arrive 7 minutes early so they can clean their teeth, pay accounts or talk to us about any queries. Your time is important to us so we endeavour to stay on time through the day.
We accept HICAPS
Ocean Orthodontics can now process your orthodontic accounts more efficiently saving you time. Next time you visit us, why not ask if you can use HICAPS to claim on the spot. No more queuing or claim forms to fill in!
HICAPS enables easy payment processing for private health fund claims. Your health fund card is simply swiped into the HICAPS terminal, the claim details are entered and in seconds the whole transaction is processed.
There’s no need to pay the full fee up-front then wait for the reimbursement of your benefit. Once your claim is authorised by the health fund, you simply pay the gap amount.
Bring your health fund membership card with you next time you are making a payment in the office and all you’ll need to pay us is the gap!