Embrace a confident, new smile with orthodontic treatment
Ocean Orthodontics prides itself in transforming smiles and achieving brilliant aesthetic and functional results. Orthodontic treatment is the process of analysing and planning treatment and then the possible application of braces and other appliances to transform patient’s smiles. Treatments can be highly beneficial for children, teens and adults alike.
Orthodontic treatment can be used to:
- Correct the bite and positioning of your teeth
- Improve tooth function and speech
- Correct impacted, crowded, spaced or missing teeth
- Prevent health problems associated with a poor bite
- Encourage healthy jaw bone and gum tissue
- Improve the appearance of your smile and facial structure
What is an Orthodontist?
An orthodontist is a specialist in orthodontic treatment. As a specialist, an orthodontist has completed an extra 2-3 years of study after completing a Bachelor of Dental Science degree. An orthodontist must first become a qualified dentist, before they are eligible to start studying to become an orthodontist. These extra years of study focus on methods and treatments specifically regarding the movement of the teeth and jaw. Only an orthodontist is recognised by Dental Board of Australia as a specialist in orthodontic care. Orthodentist, dental orthopedist, Invisible Dentist or Invisalign Specialist are not recognised terms.